Access to BioFacility
If you want access to DTU BioFacility, you need to go through an introduction. This is initiated by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the purpose is to do in-vivo studies, please attach your FELASA certificate to the email.
If you have questions related to planning and experiments, write to email@example.com.
Possibilities at BioFacility
At the BioFacility we are:
- Doing routine and specialised husbandry and breeding of all common laboratory animal species
- Providing comprehensive veterinary care and expertise
- Providing assistance with experimental procedures
- Running rodent health surveillance programmes in accordance with FELASA guidelines
- Providing access to specialized core facilities and specialized equipment and laboratories
To make in-vivo studies, you need a passed FELASA course (ABD).
If you are responsible for the studies, you must also have an approved permit for the planned animal studies.
Section rooms and laboratory in the BioFacility rodent unit
The section rooms and laboratory are support rooms for the users of DTU’s rodent facility and can be booked by everyone with access to the rodent facility.
Before using the rooms you must have an introduction to them by a BioFacility employee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an introduction.
When booking a support room the following must be stated:
- Animal species in the room
- Equipment in the room
The price is DKK 75.00 per started hour/per room and is invoiced once a month.
If you wish to cancel a reservation, it must be done at least 40 hours before the booked time.
Operation and maintenance of the support rooms
BioFacility is responsible for the operation, but as a user you have the following obligations:
- Clean up and empty the bins when you are finished
- All garbage bags must be sorted in the respective waste containers
- Dead animals are sorted correctly, either in fridges/freezers or in yellow buckets
- Clean tables and floors for blood or other tissue residue
- Use ethanol to wipe off table surfaces.
- All tables and floor surfaces look as they did when you received the room
- If there are things that break/missing, report this to email@example.com and to BioF's user list
The rooms contain locked equipment that cannot be moved. This is by agreement.
BookingBooking by users employed at DTU:
The rooms can be booked in the Outlook calendar and have the following names:
- Ly202-R3906-Sektionsrum 2
- Ly202-R3910- sektionsrum 1
- Ly202-R3916- GMO1-Sektionsrum
Please note that 3916 is exclusively for work with GMO1 organisms.
Booking by external users:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for laboratory animal study
When planning a laboratory animal study you must send in a request to be approved by site coordinator.
Please note that an internal approval does not replacement the need for a permit from the The Animal Experiments Inspectorate but merely indicates that BioFacility has the resources to carry out the experiment for a given period. Project manager must approve this budget before further planning can start.
Download the request for laboratory animal study here.